Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017

/
0 Comments
I know this post is a lot later than other bloggers but I wanted to take a week off after a hectic Christmas period. You may or may not know, but since September I've been working two jobs over 6 days of the week and posting quite a lot of content on this blog to. I ended both jobs on the 31st December and started my new job on the 1st January so I haven't had a lot of time. 
I honestly didn't know what to put in this post as I feel as if 2016 wasn't the greatest year and I feel I didn't accomplish as much as I'd of liked to. This year I am taking a step forward but also taking a step back in all the different areas of my life. Here are 17 things I want to accomplish in 2017.


Blog
- Open a PO Box. I've come to a weird standstill with that as I have had some lovely offers from companies to try their products but I'm not all too comfortable to keep using my own address.
- Take a good profile picture. Taking pictures of myself as something or someone else when I do my Halloween looks is easier than when I doll myself up. I am learning to be happier in myself but this year I really want to have a proper/ official Blog Profile with a picture included.
- Post more in the community. I don't always chat with people on Blogger or other social media sites and that is something I'd like to get more involved in.
- Take my time. I sometimes feel as if I rush to get the post out with everyone else or I'm blogging what isn't relevant. If I want to post a review 2 months after the products has come out I will. I will take my time.
- Post more fashion. I love fashion from red carpet events to magazine shoots. It isn't always going to be wish lists and reviews. I want to post OOTD and even do a post on fashion throughout the years.


Lifestyle
- Go back to the gym. I really loved my gym but with working hours and health reasons I just couldn't keep in a routine. With this job I am hoping that will change and for me to find a 24 Hour gym so I have no excuse about the closing time.
- Be easier on myself. I am a stressor and worrier and that needs to change. I won't be working multiple jobs this year and I won't keeping putting myself in stressful situations.
Say Yes More. There have been situations where I feel as if I'm not going to belong with other bloggers if I go to IMATS or going to fit in if I go to Comic Con and I need to get rid of that feeling of not being good enough to be somewhere and just enjoy the experience.
- Bullet Journal. I have got a blog post on this coming up. I love my Erin Condren and I always recommend it but recently I found myself too busy to use it and when I wasn't too busy I was to sick with my colitis to plan anything to do. I hated having all those wasted pages. I was flicking through Pinterest and found Bullet Journaling. The idea that it's planned as you go along is brilliant. If I end up missing a couple of weeks, I just draw up the week I'm using it for. I can make lists, doodle and basically do anything I want in it as nothing is set. 
- Read More. I think I've said this for a few years and I do need to read more. I love to read and I keep seeing all these movies based on books and even though I know I'd love to read the book, I see the film because of timing and convenience. 
- Clear out and Scrapbook. I have so much stuff I need to sort through, scrapbook the memories and chuck out what I don't need / want.
- Planning The Goals. With all of these different things I want to achieve I want to plan ahead with them. For example when I lose the weight, plan to clear out and revamp my wardrobe. When I clear out and scrapbook plan what I will do with the space...etc
- Save. The reason I work so much is that I am striving to be more stable in a financial way. I am only at this current job for 9 months so I have to plan ahead whether I can save to be stable for a little bit or whether I need a job to move onto straight after. I have produced a savings page in my Bullet Journal which you'll see in an upcoming post.
- Colitis? What Colitis? If you haven't read my blog before you wouldn't know that I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis (UC) almost three years ago. I do have a three year update on it coming soon but you can find other posts throughout the years on my blog. It basically has hindered me in different parts of my life and I don't want it to keep doing that. I will always have UC and I can't stress with it anymore if I'm down for the count, I'm down for the count. Can't do anything about it, didn't ask for it, don't want it but it's there. I have to have that attitude more and in a way forget about it and move on as best I can.

Family & Friends
- Take More Pictures. I have a couple of events to attend this year and not only is it my goal to attend them but to take more pictures so I have more memories to look back on.
- See them more. I use to spend so much time with my family and friends but the past year feels like I've not seen them just kept in touch over text and social media and that needs to change.

Personal
- Propranolol. This year I had to say ok I need more help and I've been taking Propranolol to ease my anxiety with travel and colitis. This year I'd like to find more coping techniques with my anxiety and ultimately come off the propranolol.

There they are, the 17 things I want to accomplish this year. I would love to achieve all of them but I'm not putting too much pressure on myself. I just want to enjoy this year.

Thanks for reading!

Hannah Marie x


You may also like

No comments: