L'Oreal Pure Clay Masks // The August Review

/
0 Comments
Earlier this month I was trawling through Instagram as always and spotted quite few images of people using and reviewing the new clay masks by L'Oreal. I had seen them and thought about picking up the Detox one as it was the favourite amongst the reviews. When I logged into my Boots app I saw that rather than paying £5 (usually retail at £7.99) for each I can purchase all 3 for £12, so of course I did!

The Glow Mask description says:
"L'Oreal Pure Clay Facial Masks. For the first time, the L'Oréal Paris laboratories have selected three pure clays and combined them with red algae extract, known for its brightening properties. The beaded, creamy texture illuminates tone by exfoliating the skin's surface without drying it out."

The Purity Mask description says:
"L'Oreal Pure Clay Facial Masks. For the first time, the L'Oréal Paris laboratories have selected three pure clays and combined them with eucalyptus extract, known for its purifying properties. The creamy texture works deep into the pores, leaving skin purified and matte-looking, without drying it out."

The Detox Mask description says:
"L'Oreal Pure Clay Facial Masks. For the first time, the L'Oréal Paris laboratories have selected three pure clays and combined them with charcoal, which acts like a magnet to draw out impurities. The creamy texture detoxifies the skin's surface by cleansing deep into the pores, leaving the skin looking clarified and beautified without drying it out."
Pros:
- Fantastic price, even at the original RRP.
- They all have a lovely consistency. 
- They all have a subtle scent so if you aren't a fan of overly perfumed masks I'd try one of these.
- I love that there are different types so you can target a specific area but...
- You can use all three at once. I use the Glow Mask over my cheeks, the Detox Mask on my chin and the Purity Mask on my T-Zone. You see the effects using them one at a time but I like getting a combined effect at least once a week when I give my skin a deep cleanse.
- I've had no breakouts from these which is a plus.
- They don't dry your skin out.

Cons:
- Not a huge con but I would say use these before showering. The consistency is so lovely and smooth but when it reacts with water it'll go back to that and it can get messy when washing it off in the sink.

I am in love with these. I love the fact they say you'll get around 10 full face applications so it makes it easier to track use and remind you when you need to repurchase. The Detox Mask is my favourite, it really digs down and clears my pores which is something I've had difficulty finding in skin care products. I have very dry skin but usually get oily in the T-Zone when the weather has been warm so the Purity Mask nips that in the bud. The Glow Mask is still a favourite but one I wouldn't use as much as a skin care treatment. I'm saving it for the winter months so I can have illuminous, dewy skin.

Have you tried the L'Oreal Clay Masks? Which is you're favourite?

As always thank you for reading! This is my last August Review and I know there is three more days left but I have so much planned for Halloween and Christmas (which you'll find out about soon) that I need some time to get it all ready. I will be posting at least once a week until then.

Hannah Marie x


You may also like

No comments: