L'Oreal Infallible Mattifying Primer // The August Review

/
0 Comments
I've used the L'Oreal Infallible foundation before and despite it not holding up well in warmer weather, I really liked it. I went back to pick up another bottle and saw L'Oreal had a 3 for 2 offer and released some new products. I decided to pick up the Infallible Mattifying Primer thinking it would help the foundation and be a good switch up from previous primers I've used that weren't mattifying.

The product description says:
"L'Oreal's first priming base in a gel that mattifies the skin.
Prepares and smoothes skin by minimising imperfections, pores and shine. Mattifying effect. Instantly transforms skins texture for an even surface with velvet-soft touch. Foundation glides seamlessly across it."

Pros:
- Mattifys.
- Affordable and regularly on an offer.
- A little goes a long way.
- Works well with the Infallible Foundation, held up better in the heat.
- Feels light and smoothes over the skin.
- Has a non-greasy silicone texture.
- Shrinks pores.
- Doesn't move over the face when applying foundation.

Cons:
- I don't like the packaging as much. As it starts to run out it doesn't all squeeze out. I actually cut the tube in half, scoop out the rest and I can get over a weeks worth of use from that.
- I've found this only works well with liquid foundations. I find powders clung onto the skin quite thick and heavy.

This is such a good primer for liquid foundation and I hope they put it into a pump bottle design soon. As I pointed out it does everything it promises to and the bonus for me is that it sinks into the skin quick. When I've used primers like Collection's it takes a while for it to sink or it can sit on the skin. As you start to buff foundation you can feel it move and mix with the primer. 
I'm really happy with L'Oreal's Primer and I would recommend it to those of all skin types. 


Have you tried L'Oreal's Infallible Mattifying Primer? Do you prefer it to other primers?

Thanks for reading!

Hannah Marie x


You may also like

No comments: