L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay Rebalancing Shampoo & Conditioner // The August Review

/
0 Comments
There are quite a few of the L'Oreal hair ranges I love and others that I just do not get on with. When they released the new re-balancing clay range, I'll admit I was a little apprehensive. 

The product description says:
"The Secret of Clay for 72 Hours of Pure Roots and Hydrated Ends. For the first time, L'OrĂ©al Paris Laboratories have combined 3 Refined Clays to create its first re-balancing range revealing perfectly balanced, beautiful hair.
Scalp feels deeply purified for 72 hours with freshness and light, lifted root. Dry hair feels hydrated right to the ends for fluid, free-flowing lengths. Revitalises the hair with softness, shine and bounce. A delicate Clay texture for hair purity, hydration and beauty."

Pros:
- Did re-balance my hair. Had less greasy roots and hydrated from root to tip.
- The shampoo has a fantastic lather.
- The conditioner is thick and silky - a little goes a long way.
- Long lasting.
- My hair looks shiny and feels really soft.
- I don't get as many fly-aways.
- Great for thinner hair.

Cons:
- Depending on your lifestyle I wouldn't say it kept "pure roots" for 72 hours. After working two days in a warehouse my roots felt really greasy.
- If you use a lot of conditioner then be mindful that this takes a while to wash out. I squeezed out more than I would by accident and didn't want to waste it but it did take ages to get out.

The concept of it appealed to me, but my thought was if there is clay in it (even refined) wouldn't it make my hair feel heavy? The answer in the end was no-ish, depending if you didn't wash the conditioner out properly. I have already re-purchased this, for the summer it has been perfect for how my hair goes with the hotter weather. I'll be alternating between this and the Nurti-Gloss Crystal in the Winter. 

What is your favourite from the L'Oreal range? Does your hair agree with the Re-Balancing Clay?

Thanks for reading!

Hannah Marie x


You may also like

No comments: