Barry M Top Coats // The August Review

/
0 Comments
Along with new Nail Paints I needed both a top coat and base coat to keep it from chipping. Barry M actually do a 3 in 1 Base Coat, Top Coat and Nail Harder, so it would save you buying multiple items. At the time Tesco had a buy two for £5 offer so I picked up a matte top coat to go along with it.

The product description for the 3 in 1 says:
"Barry M All In One contains base coat, top coat and nail hardener! It's ideal for use with any Barry M Nail Paint colour, from any of the Barry M ranges (including Gelly and Glitter). High quality All In One Formulation, Generous 10ml Bottle and Amazing value at just £2.99"

The product description for the matte says: 
"We always recommend the use of a top coat after applying any nail paint. Now you can Mattify any shade or add a coat after applying one of our existing matte shades for added protection."
Pros:
- Both dry really quick.
- The 3 in 1 really works well as a base coat, top coat and nail hardener.
- The matte not only does as it says but makes every colour I've used look amazing.
- Affordable.
- Doesn't dry out.
- Doesn't Chip

Cons:
- The 3 in 1 has quite a stronger smell than other Barry M products.

I love these! I don't use the 3 in 1 as a base coat often because a lot of nail varnishes go on better without one. As a top coat it's brilliant but as a nail hardener, I can honestly say that I don't give it a chance on it's own as I love to use OPI's Nail Envy which will be reviewed tomorrow! The matte top coat dries so quick it's unreal. I love a matte nail too which is such a bonus, especially when I have a pastel shade.


What do you think of these two products? Do you agree with what I find to be their pros and cons?

Thanks for reading!

Hannah Marie x


You may also like

No comments: