Botanics All Bright Range // Skincare Review

/
0 Comments
At the end of August last year I set to do another Skin Care Challenge using products from the Boots Botanics range. I decided to extend the 30 day challenge to 60 as I was putting my skin through a lot with my Halloween With Hannah series. I then just carried onto my Holidays With Hannah series and completely forgot to put up a review of the products....whoops. Well here it is, better later than never. I will let you know that a lot of the products ran out over Christmas so they lasted quite a while but since then I've recently had a very basic skincare range. I'm using what I have at hand whilst researching another brand meaning my skin isn't great at the moment, so if you have any brands you'd suggest please leave a comment below!

Why I picked the brand
- The brand has some really good reviews on the Boots website which drew my attention. 
- I saw it was very affordable with a lot of offers going on.
- There were many ranges under the brand to which I chose the All Bright range as I wanted brighter skin.
- The All Bright range used hibiscus and other active plant extracts and I have heard many good things about plants in skincare.

What products I used
From left to right, top to bottom:
Botanics All Bright Purifying Facial Scrub // Botanics All Bright Cleansing Foam Wash // Botanics All Bright 3 in 1 Micellar Cleansing Solution // Botanics All Bright Cleansing Toner // Botanics All Bright Day Cream // Botanics All Bright Night Cream

All products cost a total of £13.22

Purifying Facial Scrub
Says it contains refining walnut shell to buff away flaky skin while crushed apricot seeds gently wipe away impurities. To be used 2-3 times a week.

Pro's: 
- It's a good sized and priced product.
- There was no immediate irritation.
- Worked best when using small circular motions.
- Brightened and smoothed the skin.
Con's:
- Wipes away impurities but doesn't combat them or prevent breakouts.
- The Walnut & Apricot could have been a little chunkier, sometimes it felt too "bitty" from one use to another. 

Cleansing Foam Wash
This is a lightly foaming soap free wash that gently lifts away make-up and impurities. Natural AHA's (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) from the flower act as mild exfoliants to help leave the skin smoother and brighter.

Pro's:
- Brightened and smoothed the skin.
- Get better results when using a face brush.
Con's:
- Didn't lather well unless the face and face brush were dripping wet.
- Didn't prevent breakouts.
- When the solution didn't lather in the slightest it made it harder to wash off and left the skin feeling tight.

Micellar 3 in 1 Cleansing Solution
The cleansing solution feels as gentle as water on the skin, to dissolve makeup, unclog pores and remove impurities. No rinsing required.

Pro's:
- A little goes a long way with the solution.
- Not harsh on the skin.
Con's:
- Didn't combat eye makeup well.
- Didn't unclog pores as well as others, as I was still having breakouts.

Cleansing Toner
This revitalising toner helps visibly tighten pores and instantly brighten then skin. Skin is left feeling fresher and prepared for moisturising.

Pro's:
- Tightens the skin and closes the pores.
Con's:
- Doesn't brighten the skin.
- Need to use a lot of the product so it distributes over the face evenly.
- It sometimes stings when applied.

Hydrating Day & Night Cream
Both moisturisers say they are rich and rejuvenating with Hyaluronic Acid which has been proven to immediately boost moisture levels. The day cream even comes with SPF 15 for extra UVA protection.

Pro's:
- Both are very hydrating.
- A little goes a long way
Con's:
- If you don't wait for the toner to dry before applying the night cream it can be a little sticky.
- Although a little goes a long way they still run out before it's companion products. I found myself using up the day cream pretty quickly.
- No long term properties.

Overall the range didn't stop, prevent or combat my breakout's and although both moisturisers were very hydrating I still ended up with flaky and dry skin straight after they ran out. This range did not work for me at all and sadly I won't be repurchasing it again meaning I will strive to find something else.

Thanks for reading!

Hannah Marie x


You may also like

No comments: