D.I.Y Advent Calendar // Holidays With Hannah

/
0 Comments
With all these companies releasing their own advent calendars I thought I'd D.I.Y one!

I started out with a 25 Drawer Set from The Works:

I was really happy with this as each draw is a good size!

I then went ahead and painted it white, now I will say get the best wood paint you can. I decided not to spend the money and use some Matt Wall Emulsion paint my parents had from decorating and it took so long to do and so many coats. I even tried to use a spray paint which was a huge fail. In the end I gave up a little. There are places where it's patchy but no matter how many coats it just seemed to be never ending.

Whilst at The Range, I picked up some Christmas Craft Paper and some silver number stickers.
Sorry about the shine from the flash!
I glued down one style to 5 draws and when dried laid them out in a pattern I liked. When I stuck the numbers down, I decided to do the even days in bold numbers and a thinner scroll style for the odd numbers. 

Then after popping the draws back in I was done!

I am so happy with how it turned out! If I could find one already painted white I'd be tempted to do a few!

If you do create your own advent this year I'd love to see how you've done it! As always you can find me on Twitter & Instagram or use the hashtag #HolidaysWithHannah

Thanks for reading!

Hannah Marie x


You may also like

No comments: