Christmas Gift Guide // Mothers // Holidays With Hannah

/
0 Comments
In my Children's Gift Guide I mentioned that the gift guides would be a little different this year. Instead of finding loads of items and grouping them together, I have 10 different gift areas which will have three options and why I think they'd make good gifts. I found that I never gave a reason as to why I picked it. The only exception being the Children's Guide as there are so many areas and I couldn't condense it to a point I was happy with. 

As a disclaimer; I have posted links with an idea to where you can get the item(s) but its not because that's the best price or that I'm being sponsored. I wanted to reflect all different retailers so randomly chose an item from one place, one from another and so on. Please remember prices are subjective to change which is why I haven't included them.


I would love to know what you are getting up to this Christmas, if you've brought anything you've seen on here, excited to share present, makeup or decoration ideas or anything Christmassy! Message me on Twitter or Instagram or use the hashtag #HolidaysWithHannah.



Fragrance
I find that perfume can be pretty expensive so one of the main reasons I picked this is because it retails for around £20 depending on where you purchase it. I love that this has such a understated sweet scent and have found that you can really smell the undertones of cedar when topping up throughout the day. When choosing this I actually had siblings/teens in mind as the tag line reads "for those who are growing up but not grown up" but after taking away a tester and judging the fantastic longevity and subtlety I decided it would be lovely for a Mum who would like a floral fresh fragrance.  

When writing down different gift areas I knew I had to include fragrance and a set of miniatures. I searched a tested quite a few but always went back to the Gucci Guilty and Gucci Guilty Intense which are featured in this set. Along with; Gucci Guilty Black and Gucci Premiere they make a lovely diverse combination. Personally I wasn't keen on the Gucci Guilty Black but the first two mentioned were what I would really call a Mum fragrance, the original for day and the Intense for night. They all feature very floral tones but not as sweet and some with a little spiced edge to them.

I found this to have a very fruity scent which I know isn't every Mum's taste but when researching, the majority of scents recommended to me were floral and I wanted to give an alternative. I found this to be quite a heavy strawberry scent, I personally didn't get much of the grapefruit but when I was told there were hints of Vanilla that really resonated as a mum scent. This is perfect as a think forward gift as it is definitely a summer scent.

Body / Skin Care
Featuring a Hand Lotion, Body Lotion, Body Wash & Cream Bath this is a lovely affordable gift for Mum's. In my eyes Dove is Number 1 for bathing as it is a simple one step product and you quickly start to feel your skin get softer. I decided to feature this set over another as it comes with a wash bag and is lovely for those who like to travel.

The Protect & Perfect range from No 7 is one of my mums favourites which is why I was really happy they included it in this Skincare Gift Set. I don't think you can go wrong with a No 7 Gift and with this you get the Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser, Beautiful Skin Eye Make-up Remover, Protect & Perfect Intense Day and Night Cream, A Muslin Cloth and Headband. The Hot Cloth Cleanser is one of the best I've used, it really digs deep into the pores and has such a lovely smooth, milky consistency. It's lovely to gift, will give your mum a very refreshed complexion.

This is such an amazing Gift Set. It is on the pricier side at £65 but so worth the money! All the products are full size and it includes Egyptian Milk & Honey Bath, African Ximenia Scrub, Japanese Camellia Cream, French Lavender Massage Oil and Thai Wooden Massager. This definitely a gift for a Mum who loves to have long baths. I was really impressed by the scents, it wasn't what I was expecting they are quite subtle and all blend together nicely.

Electrical
I picked a toothbrush because it is one of those basic heath care products we need and never really connect to being an extravagant buy. This one is fantastic as it has sensitive and whitening cleaning modes as well as two heads for precision clean and flossing. It's one of those gifts that's useful and no one thinks to buy for themselves and some mum's would be definitely happy with this under the tree.

Remington have really pulled it out the bag with this one. Moroccan Argan Oil is a natural ingredient that makes the hair appear glossier as well as making it softer and well conditioned. The oil is infused in the plates so it distributes through the hair evenly. If your mum needs a new set of straighteners I'd recommend these in a flash!

A tablet may break the budget but for mum's who love to read, watch TV, movies or listen to music yet don't always have the time or peace to do so, this would be a lovely idea for them. With a sturdy battery life and 8 GB worth of storage your mum could also keep everything she needs here meaning no more calendars, diaries, lists,..etc and watch everything on the go. There are many tablets to chose from but Amazon Fire is only £49.99 an offers so much that it really is a bargain.

Clothing
This is one of those fashion items that suits everyone and yet not everyone thinks about it. A Check poncho is in this season and there are loads to chose from, but I particularly like the colours on this one as it is festive but not Christmas and can be worn till Spring.

This is quite a personal thing to buy as your mum can be specific to a style or cut but if your close to your mum or you know one she has her eye on then go for it! This one was picked as I actually have it and my mum loves it. It has a lovely fake fur lined collar and a three button up front. It's a no fuss coat that's warm and stylish.

A dressing gown is such a lovely gift and again in a similar way to the toothbrush, not something you'd class as an extravagant gift as it's a basic piece to nightwear. This dressing gown is so super soft it's actually on my Christmas list! Most mum's wouldn't buy something like this for themselves so it's a nice idea.

Personalised Gifts
Mum gifts are great from those who are a little younger but they can be gifted by older teens/adults too. This slate sign is lovely and can be personalised if you wanted to make it a little more grown up. No matter what colour scheme the house is decorated in this will fit in nicely.

This is so lovely for either a new mum or a mum whose kids have grown up and left home. The idea is to put "mum" or her name in the heart and the child's name on the children. I think it'd be nice if your mum and dad are married to put his name on the heart with the child/children's names on the child charms. Makes a good stocking filler!

I think these make fun gifts even if your mum isn't that much of a wine drinker. You can write something sassy on it like Mum's Wine Hands Off or double it up if there is a milestone birthday not long before or after Christmas.
.
Home Gifts
If your mum likes little knick-knacks and home decor these a really in at the moment and are suitable for outdoor use too. They don't come with any tea lights but it gives you that opportunity to buy battery operated ones instead, which I think are better and less hassle. 

If your mum has a vanity/dressing table this would be handy sitting on the top to put daily jewellery in. I really like the clean design its not very bold or brightly coloured so it'd fit in with most decors. I like the size too it's not quite compact but it's not overly big. If you wanted to you can but a jewellery item to put in it.

Hands down probably one of the best value for money gifts for mums. I picked this as I have one on my bed and it is the softest and warmest throw ever. It washes well and comes in an array of colours so you can match it to the bedroom decor for throwing on the end of the bed. Or, you can match it to the living room to drape on the sofa. With this there are also two sizes to chose fro which may help you decide which room it will fit in.

Food Gifts
This set comes with Italian Ground Coffee, Cantuccini Biscuits, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Powder Shaker & Cocoa Powder Stencil. If your mum is a coffee lover then this is perfect, a lot of sets I found were very over complicated and included items that you wouldn't use a lot. With this set the accessories can be used to make fancy coffees when your mum has friends round or when she fancy's one! This is also an idea for new mums who have finished nurturing. 

I love this and it's a brilliant accompaniment to the coffee set. This would make a great stocking stuffer or gift from a younger sibling or child to your mum and it is actually designed with moving wheels! It's just so sweet to gift to someone and I think a mum especially would love it.

Now if your mum isn't a coffee lover but tea lover then there is this set which would accompaniment the Cookie train set too. This set comes with; English Breakfast Tea, English White tea, Thursday Cottage Jame in Strawberry & Raspberry, Walkers Mini Festive Stars, Farmhouse Lemon Biscuits, Loison Panettone Amerena and Belgian Dark Chocolate Seashells. This would be great to crack open on Boxing Day when she's not as hungry after having Christmas Day Dinner or if your mum wants a small taste of something sweet.

Jewellery
If your mum owns a Pandora charm bracelet why not add to it. I specifically chose this charm for the festive season but also because its so darling and not overly animated or tacky. It's very simply done and adds that adorable red nose so you know its Rudolph.

If your mum is like mine then they prefer gold and a gold watch is the perfect gift and statement piece to add to a Jewellery collection. The detailing on the face and contrast of colours is so subtle that the hands are easy to pick out. Other watches I looked at, I was squinting to see them.

This is so dainty, the main reason I chose this is because the colour of the stone is so beautiful. I think this just fits for Mum's it's not too over the top and just a simple piece for nice nights out. It is a long necklace too so it won't be too much of a nuisance or feel constricting. 

Christmas/Novelty
These are a fantastic novelty item for mum that she'd find so sweet. It's always hard to find novelty items that aren't too tacky and this is one of them. Slippers like this are always really comfy and warm as they are bulked out on the top and the no back on them makes it easier to slip on and off.

If your family all wear Christmas Jumpers on the day or buy one for each other every year I think this is perfect for mum's as the detailing isn't all over the jumper and very nicely done. The reason this stood out to me is because it's navy so anything that may spill over Christmas won't be going onto a white jumper!

This is a great novelty stocking stuffer that's useful. With the winter months it does get frosty and this is a lovely comfort for your mum. I think this is another idea to be gifted from a younger relative.

Out Of The Box
When I was thinking about "out of the box" gift ideas this sprung to mind straight away but I will say that you have to be absolutely certain. A dog isn't just for Christmas it's for life but a couple of years ago we got our Gwen just after Christmas as she was born December 19th. If your mum is an animal lover and has been umm-ing and aah-ing take her to your nearest RSPCA or Dogs Trust and see if you can find one that would not only fit well into her lifestyle but that she can care for too.

Again this is another idea that you'll have to be certain on with the expense of it but if there is somewhere she wants to go or even a landmark in your country she wants to see book a few days/ a week away and have some time with your mum.  

This is an amazing experience for mums who love the movies. Your own private cinema experience with a glass of bubbly to go along. With the link I provided it gives specific locations but you can always see if your local cinema can offer the same experience.

Thanks for reading!

Hannah Marie x


You may also like

No comments: