Simple Products // The August Review

/
0 Comments
Back in April I set out a challenge to see if my skin would be better by only using Simple products for 30 days. Around that time I was trying to create content for my Marvel 101 series that involved face paint and a lot of makeup. So I decided to extend in to 60 days.
Before
After
Overall the products I used all had their good and bad points but the range didn't do anything for my skin and due to medication I was breaking out a lot more and it didn't tackle it.
Simple Spotless Skin Triple Action Face Wash
I used this three mornings a week.
Product description says:
"Get results from day 1 with our Spotless Skin Triple Action Face Wash.
Our Spotless Skin Triple Action Face Wash contains the perfect blend of antibacterial and cleansing goodness to help deeply cleanse, purify and tone your skin by removing hidden dirt and unclogging pores. Perfect for even sensitive skin."

Pro's: 
-Good consistency.
-Not harsh on the skin.
-Saw a huge improvement in my redness.

Con's:
-Didn't tackle my spots.
-There wasn't a definitive scrub quality to it.
-Didn't lather well and found myself using more product.

Simple Kind To Skin Moisturising Facial Wash
I used this four mornings and every night a week.
Product description says:
"When your skin's happy and fresh faced, you feel healthier and happier too! Our Moisturising Facial Wash is a perfect blend of ingredients to keep skin thoroughly cleansed and nourished. Perfect for even sensitive skin."

Pro's:
-Skin was really smooth after use.
-Significant effect in reducing my pores that I barely used foundation primer.

Con's:
-I was still breaking out.
-Didn't lather well.
-Wasn't overly keen on the smell.
Simple Kind To Skin Soothing Facial Toner
I used this morning and nightly a week.
Product description says:
"Our Soothing Facial Toner is a perfect blend of ingredients for keeping your skin toned and refreshed. Perfect for even sensitive skin."

Pro's:
-Non-sticky feel.
-Dries quickly.
-Lasted longer than other toners.
-Preferred the smell.

Con's:
-Spout made it hard to distribute the product.

Simple Kind To Skin Vital Vitamin Day Cream SPF 15 
I used this every morning of the week.
Product description says:
"When your skin's happy and fresh faced, you feel healthier and happier too! Our Vital Vitamin Day Cream SPF 15 is a perfect blend of multi-vitamins and skin-loving ingredients with SPF protection to keep your skin moisturised and protected from UVA & UVB rays. It also gives you hydration for 12 hours. Perfect for even sensitive skin."

Pro's:
-Hydrating.
-Dried quickly.

Con's:
-Has a thick yet runny consistency, so shake before use.
-Has a pale payoff like you would get with sunscreen.

Simple Kind To Skin Vital Vitamin Night Cream
I used this every night weekly.
Product description says:
"Our Vital Vitamin Night Cream is a perfect blend of ingredients to help restore and replenish skin throughout the night. Perfect for even sensitive skin."

Pro's:
-Hydrating.
-Better consistency.
-No pale payoff.

Con's:
-Not keen on the smell.

Simple Kind To Skin Micellar Cleansing Water
Used morning and night weekly.
Product description says:
"Our unique Simple Triple-Purified Micellar Water formulation is enriched with multi-vitamins and skin-loving ingredients designed to give our most effective cleanse whilst leaving your skin feeling hydrated. It actively works to attract and remove make-up and impurities whilst helping to unclog pores supporting skin to breathe.
Our Micellar Water won’t leave the skin feeling tight or sticky but clean, refreshed and hydrated."

Pro's:
-Non-greasy application.
-Long Lasting.

Con's:
-Not as deep cleaning as other micellar waters.
-Doesn't tackle eye make up well.
-Spout made it hard to distribute.

Kind To Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes
Used when testing out makeup products.
Product description says:
"Our Kind To Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes are a perfect blend of ingredients to help to refresh and tone your skin. Our Face Wipes remove waterproof mascara. Perfect for even sensitive skin."

Pro's:
-1 wipe can remove all my day to day makeup.
-Not irritation around the eyes.

Con's:
-Need more moisture as I found dry patch when unfolding some of them.

Just because these products didn't work for me doesn't mean they won't for you. I have very complicated skin due to the medication I take for my Ulcerative Colitis.
I am now on a quest to find some facial products that are a lot stronger without being as harsh on the skin if you have any recommendations please leave them below.


Thanks for reading!

Hannah Marie x


You may also like

No comments: