Seventeen // The August Review

/
0 Comments
In November 2014 I watched a video called Hit! The $6 Mascara That Beats Them All on Wayne Goss's YouTube Channel. He was talking about the Falsifeye HD Mascara from Seventeen. I had never used Seventeen products before, but to be honest (and not in a snobbish way) I was put off by how cheap they were. I have used brands such as Miss Sporty, NYC and MUA and I always had problems with either the product or breakouts. Because of this I've tended to stay around the mid-price range for makeup and toiletries. 
Seventeen never even crossed my mind when reading the title of Wayne's video. However I took a gamble and decided to purchase some other products along with the Mascara and actually got some interesting results.
Seventeen Falsifeye HD Mascara
The product description says:
"94% of users saw more definition. 93% of users saw separated lashes. 92% of users saw long lasting results. 76% of users said this mascara doubled the volume of their lashes vs bare lashes. These results are observed from a consumer panel survey using 2 coats. After applying the 2 coats this mascara; Does not clump, Is long lasting, smudge proof & does not flake. Adds volume & length from corner to corner. Lifts and curls lashes from corner to corner. Adds thickness to lashes." 

Pros:
-Amazing long lashes with one coat.
-Really black.
-It's got a varied lengths of plastic bristles on the wand which grabs all the lashes.

Cons:
-Dries up quicker than other mascaras I've used.
Seventeen Flawless Poreless Primer
The products descriptions says:
"Smoothing skin perfector for skin that's poreless, flawless and gorgeous!.

Pros:
-Non-greasy consistency. 

Cons:
-Didn't like that it was in a compact.
-The product doesn't spread well.
-Applying with a sponge or brush doesn't work.
Seventeen Stay Time Foundation
The product description says:
"It's time. Time that your make up had staying power! This full coverage foundation gives a flawless smooth skin finish. That lasts. And lasts. Foundation that stays put for up to 25 hours. It's time. Stay Time."

Pros:
-Good colour range.
-Get a lot out of one pump, more than enough to get a high coverage.
-Spreads well.

Cons:
-Doesn't work well with brushes.
-Need to work it in quick or it can sit.
Seventeen Phwoarr Paint
The product description says:
"Heavy duty under eye concealer, The One. The hard core concealer to wage war on under eye circles."

Pros:
-Long lasting.
-For me it covers dark circles immediately.
-I use this on my redness as well, works perfectly.

Cons:
-For me, I'd like it a little lighter so I could double as a highlighter!

Overall I'd say that the mascara and concealer were the best products with the foundation coming a close third and being unimpressed b the primer. I just felt that the primer was more of a balm.

Thanks for reading!

Hannah Marie x


You may also like

No comments: