M.A.C Foundations // The August Review

/
1 Comments
As previously mentioned I love trying out new foundations and it occurred to me that I've never owned a M.A.C Foundation which is considered sacrilege to my beauty loving friends.

I decided to purchase the M.A.C Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 Foundation and the M.A.C Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation as I'd heard really positive things about both and I wanted to try two different types of foundations.

M.A.C Studio Fix Fluid
The product description says:
"A modern foundation that combines a natural matte finish and medium-build-able coverage with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15. Comfortable and long-wearing: lasts for up to eight hours. Applies smoothly, builds coverage quickly and easily. Contains specially treated micronized pigments and soft-focus powders for a super-smooth look that helps minimize the appearance of imperfections. Absorbs and disperses oil. Contains special skin-conditioning ingredients."

Pros:
-Has SPF 15 against UVA & UVB Rays.
-Product has a wide colour range and the shade I purchased matched me perfectly. 
-Has a medium coverage but can easily build to a high flawless finish.
-Lovely, long lasting consistency, a little goes a long way with this product which means you won't have to purchase it as often.
-Can be applied well with a brush or sponge, my preference is a damp beauty blender to get that airbrush effect.

Cons:
-There is no pump, which can be difficult especially when you have heavy handed days.
-I wasn't overly keen on the smell.

I purchased this in NW10 which is one of the lightest shades you can get from the range. This is definitely a shade for cool undertones and finding a paler foundation that doesn't reflect yellow patches is really difficult so I 100% recommend looking into M.A.C. It is a high end product but well worth the price at £22.
Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation
The product description says:
"Studio Fix is a powder and foundation in one that combines good coverage with ease of application. Designed to be used dry, the powder and pigments create a matte, velvety texture. It contains Silica, which helps to maintain a matte finish by absorbing oils on the skin, as well as Talc to provide a smoother, less reflective, matte finish. The talc has been milled to a microscopic size to provide a beautiful texture while allowing the skin to breathe. It is available in a wide range of colours. It can be applied with a brush, sponge, or a powder puff."

Pros:
-Medium Coverage.
-Provided a sponge with it.
-Really sturdy, compact packaging.
-Large colour range.
-Lovely texture that makes your skin really smooth so no need for primer beforehand.
-Has a very matte finish which makes it perfect for those winter months.

Cons:
-Can look cakey when applied with a sponge on top of foundation, I would suggest using a stippling brush and lightly dusting the pan before applying it to the face.
-Found that, with some brushes, the product can get packed into the brush and be distributed unevenly.

Again I purchased this in NW10 to match the foundation. I actually found this to be a smidge lighter than my foundation but I don't overly mind that. Really good product, I do prefer this on days where I'm not putting on a lot of makeup or to just cover up some redness. Same price as the foundation at £22 and I would 100% recommend this but would just warn that not all brushes are compatible with it.

Thanks for reading!

Hannah Marie x


You may also like

1 comment:

  1. I love the foundation!! Next to my everyday Rimmel one, it's one of my faves. Not w fan of the powder though, as you said it can be cakey and it looks like I am wearing powder and I don't like that too much xx

    ReplyDelete