Products Review // The Body Shop

/
0 Comments
If you didn't know The Body Shop has it's own Skincare Diagnostic Tool and although I am a little apprehensive about online things like that I decided to give it a go and found that I shouldn't of been using the Tea Tree Range at all but I was spot on with using the Aloe Day & Night Cream.
I decided to use two products it suggested; one which is an everyday skincare item and the other a couple of times a week product.
The everyday item is the Seaweed Clarifying Toner. The product description says;

"This alcohol-free refreshing and purifying toner helps to re-balance combination skin.
Removes traces of cleanser, make-up and impurities.
Purifies, refreshes and prepares skin for moisturiser."

If I hadn't used the diagnostic tool I wouldn't of picked up this product because I have combination skin that is quite temperamental and products targeted to re-balancing combination skin don't usually work for me. I did see some subtle changes with this albeit they didn't last long.
After using this product everyday for two weeks I found my under eye area was less oily and I wasn't getting as many blackheads. However, with consistent use I did find that the skin on my nose was starting to go dry and flake, there were spots on my forehead and along the jaw and the redness on my face was coming out more after use. 
If you use seaweed products or that products like this work for you I would suggest giving it a go yourself but for me it won't be something I repurchase.

On the other hand this product has been really good for my pores. This is the Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask for combination/oily skin. The product description says:


"This revitalising clay mask cleanses skin and controls excess oil.
Draws out impurities and is clarifying and refreshing."

I love this as a pamper product. I started using it once a week and then changed to two. It feels like you've had a vigorous facial scrub and leaves a clean, matte face. I will warn that a little goes a long way and to only use a thin layer.
I think the reason this works better for me in comparison to the toner is because it's a product to use sparingly.
This is the Peppermint Reviving Foot Soak. The product description says:

"This revitalising foot soak contains effervescent salts. It quickly cool and refresh tired feet and helps to combat odour"

I wanted to start looking after my feet a little more and get them looking nice for spring/summer. This is the first of three steps and I like to do this two to three times a week. 
After using this the skin on my heels is starting to feel smoother and appear less flaky. Already re-ordered this product and would 100% recommend it.
The only negative I will say is the packaging, the product has the same texture as bath salts and having a twist lid container will sometimes make it difficult to open and close.


After I have soaked my feet I like to use the Peppermint Smoothing Pumice Foot Scrub. The product description says:

"Prepare to bare! Intensely exfoliating volcanic rock granules help to slough away rough patches of hardened skin to leave feet femininely soft, smooth and freshly fragrant. Perfectly prepared for those strappy summer sandals!" 

This has a really gritty texture and it doesn't take a lot for it to start buffing away the flaky skin. I found this to be really effective after 2-3 uses. When I first used this it didn't seem to have done anything but with continuous use my feet feel softer and smoother.

To help with these steps I like to use the File a Foot.

" This double-sided foot file effectively buffs away hard skin on soles and heels."

I like to use this after my feet have dried from the soak and scrub as an extra go over. Sometimes I will use it before but I've found it's not as effective on the heels of my feet because the skin is too hard.

I would recommend this over one of the electric powered buffing tools because you are able to position it at better angles along the soles of the feet.











I really love The Body Shop and right now there is a big up to 50% off sale online and in stores!

Thanks for reading!

Hannah Marie x


You may also like

No comments: