Dallas Cowboys vs Jacksonville Jaguars // London 2014

/
0 Comments
On the 9th November, I arrived in London at Wembley arena with my best friend Sophie.
It was game day; Dallas Cowboys vs Jacksonville Jaguars.
To say I had an amazing time would be an understatement, with the Cowboys winning 31-17 it is one of those days I will never forget.

To see so many NFL fans was brilliant and I was surprised, in a good way, that a lot of the fans wore their team jersey and it wasn't an essential factor that that team wasn't playing. You hardly see that at any other sporting events.

I have been into NFL for a couple of years now and been supporting the Dallas Cowboys since 2010. I had never seen a live game until yesterday and I really hope the Cowboys come back to play in the UK soon.


NFL & NFL UK really outdid themselves and made me exceptionally proud to be British during an American sports game.
Most events in the UK that fall on a remembrance day will hold a two minute silence, where you still get some plonker running their mouth. I've never been in a place with so many people and there being utter silence.
When locating our seats we found red bags on them that said to please hold this up during the pre-game to produce 100 poppies across the stadium, it looked beautiful and was such a genius representation. The game also played host to many service men and women who held the flags of Great Britain, The USA and one representing a Poppy.

The game was hosted by the Jaguars meaning it was played as if it was their home ground, so we saw performances from their Cheer-leading team and mascot.
I have to say, the cheerleaders were brilliant but I have never seen a mascot quite like Jackson, he was just fantastic and hilarious, really got the crowd going.


Here are some photos of the day:












































I absolutely loved it and I really hope I'll be able to go again next year.

Thanks for reading!

Hannah Marie x


You may also like

No comments: