Make Up Product Review

/
2 Comments
Hello Lovelys!

Here is the makeup review post! Sorry it has taken so long, I have been trying to take pictures of myself wearing the products but I just didn't like any of the pictures and ended up have an insecure moment...so I've just reviewed them as normal.
As I get better at my photography skills I may to a make-up look with them but at the moment I'm working on some posts for Halloween!



This is The Body Shop All-In-One BB Cream.
The product description says:

"Our new All-In-One BB cream transforms from a white cream to suit your skin tone. Pigment-filled capsules burst when applied to the skin, releasing the colour inside. Just blend for a perfect match and an even, undetectable finish. It’s make-up and skincare in one.
-Adapts to your skin tone
-Light to medium coverage
-Even finish
-24-hour hydration
-Non-clogging"
I really like to use this when I want a light coverage. I would disagree it would be able to achieve a medium coverage without looking cake-y but it has such a lovely consistency. The foundation is white and adapts to your skin tone as you blend it in. I picked up the shade 00 as I'm super pale and it's worked really well so I would definitely recommend this.

Next is the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation from the Stay-In-Place range.
The product description says:

"15-hour staying power. Flawless all day.
This worry-free, long-wearing foundation makeup stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity, nonstop activity.
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes. 
Feels lightweight and comfortable.
Now the flawless look you see in the morning is the look you keep all day."

I absolutley freaking love this foundation. It is on the pricey side at £29.50 per bottle but if you are like me and collect Boots points then it's a nice treat for yourself.
I brought the shade Shell which was the lightest shade they had (no surprise there). The consistency of this is quite runny, you'll need to shake well before using and it is a little disappointing that there is no pump for this. However I find this creates a flawless base every time and I love using it on special occasions and nights out. 



I was a little naughty and ordered more off The Body Shop website the day after I got my skin care order...oops! but I brought The Honey Bronzing Powder in the shade 01 (Light Matte).
I'd heard a lot of positive reviews on different blogs, product websites, YouTube and I just jumped on the bandwagon.

The product desciption says:
"This honey-enriched pressed powder gives skin an even, bronze matte finish.
Even matte finish
Convenient compact."
I really like this because it's very subtle. Recently, the bronzers I've swatched or brought have shimmer to them, which I like for an evening out but not for a day look. With the seasons ahead I really wanted something more matte and this is absolutely perfect. Although compact, the product comes off very fine and blends into the skin beautifully. I 100% recommend this.

Next is the Benefit They're Real Mascara. I originally brought the smaller size to give it a go and it's worked out really well for me.
The product description says:
"The exclusive brush is specially designed to maximize the performance of the long-wearing, glossy formula-revealing lashes you never knew you had! Staggered bristles grab close to the root, boosting length & volume beyond belief. The precision bristles on the custom-domed tip lift, define & curl even your tiniest lashes. The end result...luxurious, silky lashes that won't smudge, clump or dry out".
I think the majority of people want full, long lashes day to day so they'd invest in the larger size. Although this doesn't clump at all in comparison to other mascaras, I don't like the feeling of heavy lashes. I've just gotten so use to my No 7 Mascara I haven't wanted to use anything else but giving this a go, I have found something that I can purchase and use for occasions that will help achieve a fake eyelashes look. One thing I love the most about this product is the brush. I believe it's specific to Benefit and it's brilliant! I wiped it down and tested other mascaras with it and it always separates the lashes whilst distributing the product evenly from root to tip. 
Next is the Rimmel Volume Lash Scandaleyes Waterproof Mascara
The product description says: 
"Scandalous Brush: So big yet so precise, our MaxDensity™ brush reveals lashes you never thought you had. 30% wider and denser, with more bristles to capture and coat even the smallest lashes. Combs through clumps for perfect definitionScandalous Formula: Triple collagen + keratin formula with shapes and plumps even the thinnest lashesScandalous Look: More lashes revealed, corner-to-corner, who needs falsies? +300% instant eye opening impact. Reveals your natural assets like no other!"
I was really disappointed with Rimmel on this one. I recently said how I was really loving Rimmel products and then I picked up this disaster. The brush is way too big. I have big eyes and still cannot use this without either poking myself or having it print onto my eyelids/smudging when applying. The formula doesn't stand up to being called waterproof, it was clumpy and felt chalky when it dried onto my lashes. Would not recommend this as all.

Rimmel may have redeemed themselves with this one...
This is the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Gel Liner. 
The product description says:
"Up to 24hrs of rich, intense colour that doesn't flake, smudge, smear or run. Waterproof formula. Professional brush for complete control to draw the lines you want."
I really like this product but I'm not crazy about the brush that came with it. I use a nail brush when I apply this because it is quite thick in texture making a small brush more suitable. I would say that you need to warm the product before applying but apply in small motions. It drys super quick and I've found it can stay in place for around 10 hours. I would recommend this for someone whose patient, but if you are new to gel liner or even liquid liner then I would say try something else first.


In one of my last product reviews I mentioned the Scandaleyes Precision Micro Eyeliner and I loved it that much I brought the Thick & Thin Eyeliner.
The product description says:
"Eyeliner - Choose the Scandaleyes Thick & Thin Eye Liner for a super dramatic, bold look. Featuring a uniquely engineered, precision 3D slanted tip, enabling you to draw a flawless thick or thin line, depending on how you hold it. A state-of-the-art formula with a super-high concentration of intense pigments for an ultra-black, tattoo-like line which dries in seconds and resists just about anything, water, heat, sweat, flaking, smudging, for 24 hours."
Again it doesn't smudge, lovely dry matte formula and lasts long. The difference with this is that the nib on the pen allows you to create a thinner daytime look as well as a thicker winged liner look. Not only would I recommend this but I will say that if Rimmel wants a strong eye product range then they need to step away from the liners and take more interest in mascaras. 
Last but not least this is the Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter.
The product description says:
- Buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft, healthy glowing lips
- Hydrating mango, shea and coconut butter formula boosts lip moisture by 156%
- Pampering gel formula provides super charged hydration and glides on lips buttery smooth
- Sheer to medium colour with buttery shine

- Available in 20 luscious shades."
Revlon have got a spot on lip product here. There are many shades for all skin tones and it makes the lips super smooth. I brought the shade Candy Apple which has got great pigmentation for a sheer product and a lovely shine.
Would 100% recommend these and I would describe it as a gloss with no sticky texture, more shine and a brilliant colour range.



So that's everything! Again, I'm sorry it took so long :(
Would love to know what you think so please leave a comment below!


Thanks for reading!

Hannah Marie x


You may also like

2 comments:

  1. Some great products! I love my Estee Lauder foundation and the Revlon lip butters are one of my favourite lip ranges out there! So interesting that They're Real works with other mascaras, clearly the brush is just magical haha!

    Love your Body Shop picks as well, I used to work there and get 50% off so may have to invest in that BB cream ;)

    Alexandra ♡
    efflorescentdream.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was always on the fence with Estee Lauder especially when I saw blog posts about the new formula and colour range but took a chance and treated myself. Now have the dilemma of what to do when it runs out!

      If you want a light coverage invest in the BB Cream but sometimes I wear it under my L'Oreal Infallible foundation and it gives me a full coverage :)

      Hannah Marie x

      Delete