Day Of The Dead // Halloween With Hannah

/
0 Comments
Hello Lovelys!

This is a last minute Halloween make-up idea and the last in this years:

If you liked this series on my blog then leave a comment below and I will do it again ^.^
This last minute look is inspired by Day Of The Dead a Mexican holiday. People who celebrate Dia de los Muertos believe that the gates of heaven are opened at midnight on Halloween night so the spirits of loved ones can reunite with their families for 24 hours.
I chose this as a last minute look because although the Sugar Skull makeup has been taken as an idea for Halloween, we must remember that it does root in a religious holiday and that should be celebrated as well.


Things you'll need:
-Red Face Paint
-Black Face Paint
-White Face Paint
-Brushes/Sponges
-White & Black Eyeliner
-Cotton Buds



Step 1
With a freshly washed and moisturised face; take the white eyeliner and mark out how big you want the circles and petals to be as well as the shape of the nose.
Step 2
Go ahead and paint the rest of your face white. I used a sponge for this and layered it bit by but to get an even and strong pigmentation. 
Step 3
Taking the Black Face Paint on a brush fill in the eye area as close to the lash line as possible. Then line your upper and lower lash line with the black eyeliner and fill in any of those areas that show.
Step 4
Taking the Red Face Paint; fill in the petals and I found at this point you can shape them a little better.
Step 5
Going back to the Black Face Paint fill in the nose and mouth. I used an angled nail brush for this because it allowed me to be more precise, especially around the lips. I decided to drag out the lip line and add some stitches.
Step 6
When everything has dried have a look to see if you need to touch anything up before applying a design to the forehead. There are so many you can chose from but I went with a web and cross. Then you are done! :)









I would love to know whether you've re-created the Looks/Ideas I post or something that you'd like to share. So please tweet me at @HannahBrankley or use the Hashtag #HalloweenWithHannah on Twitter & Instagram.

Thanks for reading!

Hannah Marie x


You may also like

No comments: