Hair Products Review

/
2 Comments
Hello Lovelys! 

It has been so long since I have done a product review and I'm sorry for that! To make it up today I have a review specifically on hair related products and to come will be a post on skincare and makeup products...so keep an eye out for those!

Let's get started...

A couple of months ago I desperately needed a new hairbrush and when out shopping I was contemplating between a couple of brands.
I really liked the look of the Remington Keratin Therapy Paddle Brush but had read mixed reviews on it. My mum then advised me that Denman was a very good brand and after looking at the range I picked up two.
 
The first one being the Denman Classic Styling Brush (D3).
This has been one of the best brushes I've owned. It has smooth, rounded pins which gently de-tangles and when I wear my hair up it gathers easily without that pull feeling.
The main thing I love about this brush is that it has anti-static properties because of the natural rubber pad.
I have normal to fine hair and would usually use a big paddle brush with a cushion pad but have found that having the rubber pad makes it easier to clean. This is a brilliant everyday standard hairbrush. 

Pros:
- Rubber Pad
- Easy To Clean
- Flexible Pins That Still Retain Shape


Cons:
- None!


Next is the Denman Grooming Brush (D81M).
This has boar bristles with nylon pins on a cushion pad and is suited to finer hair.
This is lovely to use when styling curls or smooth pulled back hair as it creates a polished look. It's very beneficial when I need to use dry shampoo as it evenly distributes the product throughout and helps discard that white colour the spray can leave.
The only downside to this brush is that I find it difficult to use on wet hair as it makes it top heavy. 


Pros:
- Anti-Static
- Mix Of Nylon & Boar Bristles
- Creates A Polished Look
- Not Harsh On The Scalp


Cons:
- Cushion Pad
- Becomes Top Heavy On Wet Hair


Denman products are built to last, the quality is amazing and they have a wide range so everyone can find something that suits them.        
                      
Moving on; something I have tried a lot of over the past couple of months are Shampoos & Conditioners. My hair is quite long and needs a lot of maintenance so I often try out different brands and newer products from the hair section of the drugstore.

For me Aussie has become on of those brands that I go back to every time I feel my hair is being problematic. Whether it feels too dry, oily or when it just won't do what I want it to I can always find something to suit.
On the hotter summer days in the UK I used the Take The Heat line and I got all three products in a 3 for £10 deal Boots were having. 

The Shampoo description says:

"Shampoo for heat-damaged hair. With soothing, smoothing ingredients and Australian Jojoba seed-oil, it's getting hot in hair-protection (smells nice too!). Get ssssssizzling, girl! helps you style your hair to hotness without all the heat damage. 'Once burned, twice frizzy' say the philosophers. 'But I want to look hot!' you shout. 'Chill out' say Aussie. “There's more to life than hair, but it's a good place to start“ The Aussie Philosophy. Helps protect against heat damage! Use this shampoo together with Aussie Take the Heat conditioner (they like each other). Then you can style away to your heart's content and let Take The Heat take...er, the heat. Aussie Shampoo Take the Heat helps you style your hair to hotness without all the heat damage. After all, who knows more about heat than Aussies? Ancient Australian tribes used jojoba to heal sore skin."

I haven't come across a shampoo that has the same lathering ability as this. From such a small amount I can spread it over my hair evenly without creating a lot of tangles or knots. I do use a comb in the shower to evenly distribute everything and check it's all washed out at the end but with Aussie products I don't feel I need to as often.

The Conditioner description says:
"Helps protect against heat damage For heat-damaged hair With Australian Jojoba Seed Oil Who says heat-styling your hair has to cook its goose? Not Aussie. We know it takes heat to get sizzling-hot styles, so we whipped up this conditioning concoction to help shield your hair from singeing. It’s an anti-frazzle formula with jojoba seed oil from the Antipodes (That’s Australia by the way). Use with our Take The Heat shampoo for styles to send temperatures soaring."

I love that this conditioner has a thinner consistency without that greasy feeling. I am really particular with conditioners and this makes my hair feel really hydrated and smooth. After drying it leaves a lovely shine so I don't know what more you could ask for!

The 3 Minute Miracle says:
"Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Take The Heat is a deep treatment for heat damaged hair, it contains Australian Jojoba-seed oil, used by Australian natives to heal skin. Its oil can be found in the blessed bottle. They will reconstruct damaged hair, smoothing and soothing and leaving it manageable, shiny".

I've briefly mentioned the 3 Minute Miracle in another post, but just to recap I said I used this a couple of times a week before bed, or in between washes. If my hair was feeling dry but I had washed it the day before I will run a small amount through my hair in the shower (mainly on the ends) and it leaves my hair feeling nourished.

Overall, the Aussie Take The Heat range is my favourite from this brand. I always use it on hotter days or when I have to use a lot of product and hot tools on my hair.
If I am going out in the evening and wash my hair in the morning, I always reach for this as I can re-straighten or style my hair in the evening and still have protection from hot tools.



This is the Garnier Ultimate Blends Silky Smoother Shampoo.
The description says:

"Our Ultimate Blends Silky Smoother Shampoo blended with Madagascan Vanilla milk and Brazilian Papaya extracts, leaves hair clean, manageable & feeling revitalised.
Refresh mid-long hair between washes, with our Ultimate Blends Silky Dry Shampoo.

I was very disappointed with this as a shampoo. It created so many knots, it didn't lather or spread well and my hair didn't feel clean after I used it. 
I did try it on a couple of occasions because I did think it may be the humidity but every time I got the same disappointing results. I found myself needing to use dry shampoo so it wouldn't stick to my head and hairspray as it became static.

This is the Garnier Ultimate Blends Silky Smoother Conditioner.
The description says:
"Our Ultimate Blends Silky Smoother Conditioner with Madagascan Vanilla milk and Brazilian Papaya extracts and nourishes mid – long locks.
Use with our Ultimate Blends Silky Smoother Shampoo for healthy looking hair that feels silky soft right down to your split ends.

I didn't enjoy the consistency of the conditioner, it was quite thick and I had to comb it through as it sat on my hair and didn't reach the root when I applied it. It also took ages to wash out and it didn't make my hair feel hydrated at all.

My hair did not agree with this duo, which is strange because I have used shampoo and conditioners with vanilla milk before and it really benefited my hair and gave it a shine. In this case I will not be repurchasing this product.

Saving the best for last! This is the Pantene Pro V Aqua Light Shampoo and Conditioner.
The line description says:
"Helps nourish fine hair with virtually no weight.
The Aqua Light Collection:
- Helps reinforce fine hair along each strand
- Nourishes your hair
- Leaves virtually no weight"

I love the no weight hair care that various brands have been coming out with, by far this one is my favourite. This duo leaves my hair hydrated with no fly-aways and a lovely shine.
They prove that a small amount can go a long way as this does give you the best value for money and lasted longer than any other combo I've used. If you like that weightless hair feeling then I would definitely, definitely recommend this!

What do you think?
Did you get on with the Garnier Ultimate Blends?
Have you tried any of these products?

Thanks for reading!

Hannah Marie x



You may also like

2 comments:

  1. Might give the Aussie products a try, but I tend to use natural shampoos/conditioners on my hair because the sulphates just made my hair fall out. Bit of a shame because natural products don't make your hair as shiny and soft :(

    Alexandra ♡
    efflorescentdream.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What sulphate free do you use? I have tried a couple but my hair felt very straw like afterwards :/ && Boots always have the 3 for offer going on Aussie! x

      Delete