Taylor Swift - 1989 & Shake It Off Announcement

/
0 Comments
Hello Lovelys!

Taylor Swift's fifth album will be released on the 27th October! *Rejoices* 
Announcing it on a live stream chat hosted by Yahoo the album, 1989, will be Taylor's "very first official pop album". After two years in the works, the album titled after the singers year of birth was influenced by the late 80's; “Bright colors, bold chances, rebellion. The idea of that was so inspiring to me and the idea of endless possibility was a theme in the last year of my life.”(Swift)
But why two years? Well Taylor herself expressed "I like to work on albums for two years, because I feel like two years gives you enough time to grow and change...This is a bit of a rebirth for me". 



But that wasn't all, along with the album the lead single Shake It Off was also revealed. 
Composed with Max Martin and Shellback (who previously worked on 22 and We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together) the message of the song? Back off haters!
Taylor explained: "I've had to learn a pretty tough lesson in the last couple of years; People can say what they want about us, at any time and we cannot control that. I figure we have two options; We can let it change you (or) option two is you just shake it off."


After the live stream the Music Video for the new single was launched on Vevo staring a whole haul of professional dancers and fans. The video, which has racked up 5+ Million views in one day, show's Taylor adorably trying her best in the mix of these different dance styles.



I have been a Swiftie for many years, every time a new project is launched I get super excited and this time is no exception! As a change of pace I thought that my view on all of this would make a great post so I'm going to dive straight in...

When I first saw the album cover there was instant love. I have always admired Polaroid pictures and I believe that there will be more included in the physical copy of the album so I am really looking forward to that.

I then heard the song Shake It Off which has now been on repeat all day. What I love most about Taylor's music is that there's always a story, even if it's just a fun one. I think a lot of people misconstrue that fact that you have to have a serious story in a ballad to be a country artist. But yes I know this album is going to be pop and you can debate on whether you class Taylor Swift as country or not but her song writing skills have developed from that genre. I cannot wait to see where those skills take her into the new album. With this song, the claps, horns and drums creates a fun song that is great for an opening single off an album.

The video looked so fun! As I said earlier they basically stuck Taylor in the middle of some professional dancers, but they did this a couple of times with different styles. Here are some gifs:










I have seen some really in depth reviews on the video and there have been some really unpleasant things said but to be honest...



But seriously...What you have got to love about this video is that Taylor isn't taking herself seriously. If you are a fan you would have seen her dancing at so many award shows, on her own bopping along just having fun. I love that you get to see her do that throughout the whole video and I can't wait to see what a live version of this will look like.

The style... I cannot express how flawless she looks in every single style and how she pulls everyone off.
Overall my favourite is her personal style; The black trousers and roll neck top which is very Audrey Hepburn-esq. Here is a way to recreate the look:



Top - Boohoo


Trousers - ASOS

So that is everything! Hope you enjoyed this as it is a little different. I would love to know what you think of the song and/or the video so leave your comments below!

Thanks for reading!

Hannah Marie x


You may also like

No comments: