A Not So Sweaty Summer

/
0 Comments
Hello Lovelys!

I'm so sorry for the lack of posts, I spoke last time about taking this in a new direction and I have been coming up with ideas and making some plans whilst going into a new full time job and keep my Ulcerative Colitis under control. Hopefully I will be able to get things back on track!

Today's post is going to be a discussion on ways to avoid being sweaty and some products I've been using relating to that.

I decided to post about this because preventing it has become part of my daily routine with the weather being a lot warmer. The main two reasons we sweat is because of the weather and hormones but there are a couple of ways to avoid this:

Firstly eating spicy foods; hot & spicy foods can actually trigger the same receptors in your skin that responds to heat. Now this isn't applicable to everybody but it is something commonly found and you can change this by avoiding chili, curry and/or pepper and instead opt for herbs as a way of seasoning meals.

Stress; which can come and go. Sometimes you have days where you think "that's it I've had enough" and just go with being stressed and grumpy. Trying to stay as positive as you can will help because it reduces your anxiety and restlessness which in turn leads you to be less sweaty.

Hydration; drinking cold water has been proven to reduce stress and regulate body temperature, therefore less sweat is produced. Six to Eight glasses a day is recommended and I personally recommend always having a bottle of water on you when out and about. This is not only handy but can stop the temptation of buying a fizzy drink.

Avoiding hot drinks and caffeine; this is a follow on from hydration.  Hot drinks can have a similar effect as hot and spicy food and caffeine has been proven to activate the sweat glands through your central nervous system. If you are one of those people that relax better with a hot drink then I suggest a green or herbal tea instead.

Avoiding over use of anti-antiperspirant; using deodorants can actually hinder the problem. Check what the ingredients are before purchasing. If it has alcohol then stay away but if it has Aluminum Chlorohydrate then it will help reduce sweat by blocking the pores. 

Makeup; Using a good primer and setting powder is going to help your face look less oily/sweaty. My number one tip would be to invest in some blotting sheets. Try to avoid using too much powder to mattify your skin as it can end up looking cake-y.

Protect your skin; wearing sun lotion is one of the most important things when the weather is hot. Always make sure that it's got the appropriate SPF factor and that it protects against UVA & UVB rays. After spending a day in the sun it is better to use after sun lotion to help protect and sooth the skin afterwards.

So there are a few of the tips I have been using to help stop me becoming overly sweaty, here is a list of the products I have been using;


Sure Cotton Ultra Dry Antiperspirant
I have found that this is the best for keeping my under arms dry and the scent lasts longer than other antiperspirant's I've used.


The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-In-Oil
I have been using this after cleansing and moisturising, not only has it really soothed and hydrated my skin but the scent is so relaxing!

The Body Shop All In One BB Cream (Shade 00)
I will do a more in-depth review of this product soon but it has been fantastic with this hot weather. It is a light coverage but still feels hydrating, stays in place and covers up redness.

Aussie Take The Heat 3 Minute Miracle Deep Treatment
This has been fantastic to use in between washes or a couple of times a week before bed. It helps protect my hair when I need to use a styling tool and it makes my hair feel less dry.

That's it! Again I'm so sorry for the length of time between posts hopefully this won't happen as often!

I would love to know what you think or if you have any tips so please comment & share!

Hannah Marie x



You may also like

No comments: