Ulcerative Colitis Update

/
2 Comments
Hello Lovelys!

If you are new to my blog then one thing you should know is that I am one of 146,000 people (in the UK) that has Ulcerative Colitis. I was diagnosed earlier this year and I thought for today's post I will do a quick update.
I am still working on the e.l.f lip product review post, I'm just having some difficulties with my camera but hopefully that will be sorted for this week!

The last time I wrote about my UC I went through what the diagnosis means and a small update which i will link hereSince this I have started a new job working 20-30 hours a week (sometimes more) and I have had another trip to the hospital.
Starting with the working life...it has been difficult, but I have such amazing support in my job which makes it easier for me to talk to them about it all, the only major thing is my confidence. I did talk about getting my confidence back but I've recently started to wobble a little, I still stay as positive as I can but I do worry about looking after my customers. 
When I work I want to deliver the best service possible and be positive and have a nice time with them because I'm such a people person. But I do panic that my stomach is going to either cut that short or make it so I am unable to give the best customer service and that's just something I'm going to have to build on and hope that as I settle into the job more will just disappear.
What's changed with the hospital is that I'm now part of the IBD Clinic rather than with my GP. This means that if I have any problems, questions or think I'm starting a flare up I can call them straight away and get in as soon as possible. This is a real step forward for me because I thought I was ok and that I was just having some good and bad days but they concluded I was having a flare up and needed to get back on the steroids, so I am currently eating a lot!
The whole UC thing is new to me still and it's been difficult coming to terms with what I can and can't eat but I have been able to make some huge steps forward.
I would really recommend keeping a food diary or a mental list of everything you should stay away from, I have my own shelf in the cupboard with all my snacks and things I can eat and it's away from anything else that I will be tempted by.
I also did some research into restaurant menu's because some of the bigger companies do carry a gluten free or a "special diet" menu and I was able to go out and enjoy a meal at Frankie and Benny's with my family.


So that's it just a small update, o
verall I am as healthy as I can be and I am very near coming back off the steroids. I will be doing these posts now and again and I hope that it helps someone. The main thing is to know you're not alone with it all so contact me if you want to chat :)

Thanks for reading!

Hannah Marie x


You may also like

2 comments:

  1. Well done you for dealing with it so well, once you get into the habit of not eating certain foods it should get easier. It's a shame there's no cure yet but all you can do is make the best of it and not let a medical condition take over your life. Work will get easier as well :)

    Efflorescent Dream
    xx

    ReplyDelete