e.l.f Studio Flawless Foundation, Studio Mineral Infused Primer & Kabuki Brush Review

/
0 Comments
Hello Lovelys!

I previously posted that e.l.f had a huge 50% off sale and I went a little crazy and ordered loads of products to try, three of which will be the focus of today's post.

A little bit about e.l.f...I started using this brand around a year ago and I ordered a set of brushes. I really liked them, they were great basic everyday brushes and I still use e.l.f brushes today but from the studio line. 
They have three lines, Minerals; products made out of natural minerals, Studio; makeup & makeup tools for professional artists/consumers and Essentials; for everyday affordable makeup. 
This brand is known for its 100% cruelty free policy, they do not test on animals or ask anyone to do so on their behalf.

Getting into the review...


The first product is the Mineral Infused Face Primer. The description says:

"Transform your face into a flawless and smooth canvas with the Mineral Infused Face Primer. Developed to combat against excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores and fine lines. This clear multipurpose skin primer will prepare your skin so makeup goes on evenly for a long lasting satin finish." 

I love this product! It does exactly what it says on the bottle. The consistency is satin-smooth, has a brilliant coverage and isn't flake-y. It has a similar effect to minimizing my pores as the Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro 5 in 1 but without the moisturising quality. I don't have an overly oily complexion so I can't say too much on the combat against excess oil but it does dry matte with no shine.
I brought this in clear, but e.l.f provides them in a radiant glow; to illuminate dark spots and uneven skin tones. A tone adjusting green to minimise redness and correct blotchy skin and a brightening lavender; ideal for uneven skin tones and to brighten dull or yellow tones. I am now very tempted to try this in the tone adjusting green as in the summer you can really see the redness in the blemishes on my cheeks.

Pros:
-Affordable
-Great Coverage
-Lovely Consistency
-Non-greasy
-Minimises Pores 

Cons: 
-Would love a moisturising quality

The second product is the Studio Flawless Finish Foundation.
I brought this in the shade Porcelain which is the lightest shade they have, the description says:


"Achieve a flawless complexion with the silky smooth e.l.f. Studio Flawless Finish Foundation. The lightweight formula blends in naturally for a beautiful semi-matte finish. This liquid foundation applies easily and lasts all day for visibly brighter and radiant looking skin. Using our Flawless Finish Foundation not only restores uneven skin textures and tones, but most importantly, the SPF 15 protects your skin against harmful sun damage!"

I have a mixed opinion on this product but as I have stated in previous posts I'm not a foundations expert. A lot of the foundations I have tried recently have a very thin consistency, this has a creamy texture to it which is what I think threw me off a little.
I
t is very smooth, blends into the skin well but it has a very quick setting time. It says it's best to use a foundation brush of sponge with this product but when I used this with my Real Techniques Stippling and Buffing brush it ended up a bit patchy. When I applied this with a sponge it created a lovely silky effect. I wore this for 10+ hours yesterday with no top up to see how long it'll last and I was very impressed. I work in a restaurant and with some shifts it can get really warm, this foundation stayed matte and in place. I haven't used this long enough to comment on the restoring uneven skin textures quality but it does leave my skin looking radiant. I really do like this product I just wish there was more to chose from in terms of shades, I think this shade would be too much for me in the winter months.

Pros:
-Affordable
-Lasting
-SPF 15
-Matte Finish
-Build-able
-Oil Free
Cons:
-Limited shade range
-Doesn't apply well with brush
-Sets Quickly

The last product I will be reviewing is the Studio Kabuki Face Brush, the description says:

"This new anti bacterial, synthetic haired Taklon brush is softer and more absorbent and can be used with wet or dry products. Be a professional makeup artist and create a flawless look with this e.l.f. studio brush! Our handy and easy to use Kabuki Brushes provide a light to full coverage on your face or body to ensure a flawless finish. The compact brush is perfectly sized to allow for precise and controlled application of bronzer, powder, or a highlighter on your skin."

When this brush arrived I was very pleased! I have used kabuki brushes before that had harsh bristles and were hard to clean. This brush is super soft but firm and it gathers the product well with no fall out.
I really like the size, its perfect to cover a vast area but its easy to control.


Pros:
-Soft
-Good Size
-Cleans Easily
-No immediate bristle fallout
Cons:
-None!

There are three of the products I have recently brought from e.l.f, there are some lipsticks & lip-stains that review will be up soon!

Thanks for reading!

Hannah Marie x


You may also like

No comments: