CMT Awards 2014 // My Top Three Outfits

/
2 Comments
Hello Lovelys!

I am a HUGE Country music fan so I am always excited when the award shows are on. They are always fun and full of life, but one of my favourite things is seeing all the arrival gowns.


This year, I noticed that there was a lot of black and white worn and only a few artists in pastels or bright colours. Looking back at last years fashion there are similarities in the colour scheme but I feel like last years fashion choices were riskier. However, I have picked three of my favourites from this year.


Carrie Underwood





This is my favourite outfit of the CMT carpet this year! Carrie arrived in a full length gown by Roberto Cavalli, a brilliant designer who hasn't let her down before. One of her most memorable being the 2013 Grammy Gown. Anyway, this definitely gives off the "girl next door vibe", the floral halter neck gown has a lovely larger print with a thigh-high slit up the left side and "cut out" from the neck to waistline. I am completely in love with the colour scheme, it compliments her skin tone really well and the overall fit hugs her figure but still retains that "flowing" quality...It's striking, daring and gets full marks from me.

You can recreate this as a day look with any of these dresses: 



First Dress: Dorothy Perkins (Available In Tall)
Second Dress: Dorothy Perkins (Available In Tall)


Leann Rimes




Va-Va-Voom...The leg slit made a comeback this year! Leann is wearing a stunning white Rani Zakhem gown which to me screams "Bond Girl". I really love the simplicity of this dress, you can see the obvious leg slit and deep V neck line but I really love the "wrap" center. Adding a Grecian vibe to the CMT Carpet this dress has definitely had people talking! 

Recreate this look!:




Dress: ASOS (Available in Tall)

Miranda Lambert




Doesn't she look stunning? Wearing a white and silver embellished dress by designer Celia Kritharioti, Miranda rocked this v neck, knee high dress. I think the detailing on this is fantastic and the silver belt pulls it in really well. With her hair pulled back you can really see the sheer material on the capped sleeves which has that lovely "frosted" effect. Love, Love, Love!

Recreate this:

Dress: Next (By Lipsy)

What do you think?
Any other dresses you think could recreate these looks?

Thanks for reading!

Hannah Marie x


You may also like

2 comments:

  1. Love the dresses you chose to recreate these looks, that Dorothy Perkins one is gorgeous. Also is it just me or does that ASOS model have the most perfect body of all time?! Haha!

    P.S. in reply to your comment on my blog, Zoeva brushes are just as easy to clean as Real Techniques, and imo they are a bit softer!

    Efflorescent Dream
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) && Yeah she models for the Tall range as well and I'm just like pffft if only I can pull it off like that! lol && Thanks! I have changed brush cleaners three times with the Real Techniques and now I'm thinking it may be the brushes haha!

      Hannah Marie x

      Delete