More Product Reviews!

/
0 Comments
Hello Lovelys!

Here is another review of products I have picked up recently and what my thoughts are. 
Getting started...


This is the Red Fruits & Woods Body Fragrance called Tease by Impulse. It has a subtle, sweet and musty smell to which I think is an amazing combination. It has a long lasting scent that isn't overbearing, even when topped up. One thing that I do love about Impulse is the way they make these so compatible. It barely takes up any room in my bag and has a twist-able lock, so it doesn't leak.
They have a wide range of scents and the strength of the scent is very much linked to the name and design. I've found that the darker the design the stronger the scent is.

These are very well priced and I often see them on offer in supermarkets.




I am thankful for Boots 3 for 2's as I was able to pick this up, this is the Real Techniques Stippling Brush that is set to create a "flawless, airbrushed finish". Recently I have been braver with foundations and found that my Real Techniques Buffing Brush hasn't been the best tool for some of them. This brush has a mix of long and short bristles of different types called duo fibre's. That's what creates the airbrushed finish and allows a sturdy yet soft application. I've found that this is very gentle on the skin, especially the eye area and leaves no streaks. Most brushes can collect foundation in the middle, this hardly collects any creating the chance to build for a fuller coverage. I am so pleased with this brush and it has made its way into my favourites. 


When trying new foundations and brushes may as well try a new primer. Collection 2000 Primed and Ready Smoothing Makeup Primer is a fantastic budget primer. I have always been able to pick this up for under a fiver and recently came to review this after a couple of months of use.
The texture of this primer isn't greasy but isn't as velvety
 smooth as others I've tried. It creates a good base covering most of my pours and I've found it will set my foundation in place for the day, even in warmer weather. The only problem with this is that sometimes, the small amount you would use doesn't cover so if you top it up, it can go flake-y. I have only experienced this a handful of times and it seems to occur when the product is running out. Overall I do like this product and I think for the RRP it produces brilliant results.

This is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in Light Porcelain. I am so pleased with Rimmel foundations, recently I reviewed the Match Perfection in my October favourites and explained how this shade is brilliant for paler skin tones. Again the product is non-greasy ans has a better consistency than the Match Perfection, although i will still shake the bottle before use. This product advertises their first in "instant reawakened skin" and that it will give a "healthy, radiant glow and minimizes premature skin ageing". 
I haven't used this product long enough to see the effects of the ageing "hook" but it does give a glowing and radiant finish. For me I don't get that 100% poreless coverage, but I do see an instant skin uplift and a healthy glow. This product also has SPF 15 which is perfect for the upcoming summer months. I would definitely recommend this product.



Now, I was really disappointed in this product. This is the L'Oreal Paris Nude Magique Eau De Teint in the shade Porcelain. I was drawn to the fact this advertised itself as a "lighter than water" formula. It claims to be "non-greasy, a zero makeup feel and a perfect nude finish for a smoother, healthier looking complexion". Apparently it's a "few drops needed" foundation but I have found this not to be the case. It is a light to medium coverage, so if you have acne, scars or anything you want to cover up, this won't be suitable. I only have redness to cover which this claims to do and was disappointed that it didn't, I overall brought an expensive concealer.
The first time I applied this I used my fingers and it didn't cover well at all. So I reapplied with a brush and ended up using a lot of the product. It took two layers and touch ups for me to get the look I wanted, the look I should have got from one layer. The wear of this didn't last long and I had to keep topping up, so disappointing for a foundation that is an expensive purchase for little product. I currently use this as a 
concealer so the product doesn't go to waste but I won't be repurchasing this again.

This is the Waterproof Scandel Eyes Precision Micro Eyeliner in Black by Rimmel. This is super pigmented, with no smudging and a quick dry time. I previously picked up the Intuitive Liner by Bourjois and overall found it frustrating, with this I have no problems. The felt tip like application makes it easy to apply, the product glides on smoothly and is easier to wipe away if you feel you've made the liner too thick. It dries to a lovely matte finish and lasts long. I did a test run of this when I went out dancing and found it stayed in place so well I didn't need to touch up. Really impressed with this and it didn't print onto my waterline, result! Very excited to see what Rimmel produce next.


What do you guys think of the products here?
Anything you agree/disagree with?
Let me know!


Thanks for reading!

Hannah Marie x


You may also like

No comments: