October Favourites

/
0 Comments
Hello Lovelys!

So i am really sorry that i wasn't able to upload anything for Halloween but over the month of October i found some new favourites that i would like to share with you :)




This is the Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro 5 in 1 Results Primer. Advertises that it smoothes, resurfaces, brightens, mattifies and protects. I brought this on sale in Asda for £4.98 as their Rimmel section was everything under £5 and thought i would give it a go. This has been the best primer i have used so far, its almost like a second layer of moisturiser. For me this product does most of the 5 results it says, dependent on the foundation that you use. Sometimes it doesn't always mattify and i have found this when using the No 7 Stay perfect foundation. The texture is very smooth and non-greasy and has a nice glow to it rather than a shine, it is lovely to wear alone as well as under your foundation.


Rimmel Match Perfection Light Perfecting Radiance Foundation (in 010 Light Porcelain).  This was around the same price as the Primer and another product i picked up to give a go. I have previously said how i am reluctant to try new foundations as i have a very fair skin tone but when i swatched this i thought it had a lovely colour match. For me the coverage is fantastic, i end up using one to one and a half pumps and less concealer. It hasn't got a greasy texture but i will say shake the bottle well before using as sometimes it can come out a little runny. This foundation advertises it has Advanced Smart Tone technology for perfectly flawless skin under any light. Enhanced with sapphire radiance for an illuminating glow and lasts all day. This for me is true when i apply it with a foundation brush, i have applied with a sponge and felt it wasn't as lasting but the finish of this is as it says, flawless.

Now the US bloggers have raved about this product for months and the UK finally has it. These are the Baby Lips Lip Balms from Maybelline. I currently own the Pink Punch and Cherry Me ones. They both have a very lovely tint to them (colour matching the name) and are super hydrating. I am the worse person to moisturise their lips and i usually go for a hydrating lipstick. These have been my go to now the UK is experiencing colder weather. What i love the most is the range of colour and colourless with the different scents, they smell so amazing which makes them in some ways so addictive that you definitely get the use out of them and your lips stay smooth and soft. They currently retail in Boots at £2.99.



Real Techniques Core Collection Make up brush set. These retail in Boots at £21.99 but i brought them on offer for £16.99 with P&P from Amazon. I brought these because i read amazing reviews on the buffing brush which i could only find with this set. Not only have i loved that brush but the contour brush has become a favourite as well. I haven't a chance to really use the foundation or detailer brush but hopefully i can update that soon. The Buffing & Contour brushes are both super soft and the bristles on them aren't too sturdy or flimsy. I have used the buffing brush with liquid, powder and mousse foundation and found that it works a lot better with the first too rather than the latter. With the mousse foundation you really have to work the product into the skin with this brush and takes a lot longer than using your fingers or a sponge. However i love how quickly it buffs liquid foundation into my skin. Since using this to apply my foundation people have been commenting on how flawless it looks. The contour brush as well has been an absolute miracle. I have only recently become a bronzer on most days wearer (haha long title). This is so precise and is great at contouring my nose without being so overpowering. The brush picks up bronzer and blush so easily (so will say warning for the heavy handed) but it doesn't create fallout when applying. I would say these were the top favourite of mine this month! 

Phil Smith Be Gorgeous Total Treat Argan Oil Hair Transforming Cream (mouthful!) This is an oil in cream treatment that says will miraculously transform the texture of your hair into lustrous silky locks. I brought this product last month but have only got round to really using it this month. I purchased this as it says it helps lock in moisture to heal dry, damaged hair and restore smoothness. Basically the ends of my hair aren't that great at the moment, with the weather changing my hair is going dry and thought i need something more than a heat protectant and found this. I love this, the ends of my hair are starting to look less dry and feel smoother and healthier. As it is an oil in cream i was surprised it wasn't heavy or greasy. I brought this in Sainsburys for around £5 but retails on the Phil Smith website at £10.99. 


Maggie Rose - Looking Back Now



In my last favourites blog one of my favourite songs was Preacher's Daughter by Maggie Rose. This month it is Looking Back Now. I.Love.Her. She has an amazing tone, amazing diction and if you haven't, check out her album Cut To Impress. She just tells a story in such an amazing way.

Well there are my favourites from this month, there isn't a lot this month as there hasn't really been anything i really wanted to try, if you guys can think of anything let me know!  

Hannah Marie x


You may also like

No comments: