Product Reviews!

/
2 Comments
Hello lovely's,

To start with, i am very sorry this post is going up quite late been a very busy but exciting week =) More to come on that soon! Also i have been getting ideas on what to do for Halloween and hopefully they will be up soon too. Christmas (yes i know that word is still "forbidden" to some of you :p) ideas will be up soon in plenty. Christmas is my favourite time of year and i have gift ideas, wrapping ideas, preparation techniques and some tutorials. So if there's anything specific you want to see leave a comment or send a message!


Right so on with today's post... I recently took a trip to Boots...I did honestly try to be good (I only needed concealer) but i didn't go too mental, i picked up a few products i have been contemplating for a while. Boots had an offer on (I think has now expired) which across some brands was a buy one get the other half price. So with my concealer i brought a bronzer, a blusher and a lip plumper to which i will now go into more detail!

I will be the first to say that i have never been brave enough to try bronzer. I previously mentioned in another post how pale i am and was just so hesitant but i heard so many good things about this product, i have never owned anything from Bourjois before and thought i will give it a go.
This is the Bourjois Paris Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder, it says its filled with glints of sunshine and i brought it in the shade 51. 

Firstly this product smells like chocolate...it's only a hint, but that's all you need. The sunshine reference refers to gold flecks it has inside which i think is lovely. It personally for me isn't too overbearing so i have a natural glimmer rather than a full shimmer look. If you wanted a shimmer look i would recommend the Maybelline Dream Terra Sun. I swatched that on the back of my hand and i felt a similarity in consistency and was very shimmery. The reason i didn't buy that product was simply that i didn't want that look. I will say that the Bourjois had a very fine consistency, i found that when i used my contour brush it picked up a lot of the product so i recommend that you be gentle. The blend of this product though is so even and smooth that the way it looks can come off as very natural but at the same time it is build-able and can define areas like the hollows of your cheeks more.
This is currently retailing at £6.99 in Boots.


Okay so before i left the Bourjois section i spotted this and was drawn to it. Completely opposite to how i am with Bronzer i love blusher, i own about eight at the moment! This is the Bourjois Paris Blusher in Rose Frisson or Shade 54. I have always found that a light rose colour suits me and this was something that when i opened it, looked very dark. Then i swatched it and brought it. Firstly i loved the packaging, it comes with a little curved blusher brush that fits right inside the pot. For me that fact this was in a pot compared to the bronzer which is in like a cardboard folder was instantly better. I find these more sturdy when in the bottom of my bag and i don't worry so much about it leaking. It also comes with a little mirror on the inside of the top lid that swings right back to a 180° angle. It has just been so compact and handy. The colour has a little glimmer to it rather than shimmer it is very natural looking. Unlike the Bourjois bronzer it doesn't take too much up on the brush i would say that it is something you have to build to get the colour it looks as it's very compressed. I am very happy with how this product is working for me, i don't have to use a lot of effort to blend and it stays put all day, i will defiantly be going back.
It is currently retailing in Boots at £7.99.



So the final product in this review is the Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumper in Clear. I use to use a lip plumper when i was in my mid-teen years and since discovering lipstick i never really went back. This is another product i had heard some reviews about, they were mixed but was the one i found with the most positive reviews for the amount i was willing to pay. I am still half and half with this product. The main thing is that it works, my lips look a lot fuller when i put this product on. I am not crazy on the smell i can't really describe it, sometimes i am okay with it and other times i'm not. It takes a while for my lips to start tingling and for the product to kick in which in that time the gloss feels very thick on my lips. Also it comes across a little sticky which can be off putting. I started to layer this on top of my lipstick which take that edge off it a little but it is still there. If you buy the clear i do recommend cleaning the lip tool before putting it back in the tube as not to compromise the colour. This did come in a variety of colours but i brought clear because i thought it would be better to indicate the effect. For me this is an okay product, i don't think i will buy it again.
This retails in Boots at £9.00.


I would love to know if you have these products and what you think about them :) Thanks for reading!

Hannah Marie x



You may also like

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah!

    Lovely blog - I just became your first follower with Bloglovin'

    The Bourjois bronzing powder is something I have had on my wish list for a long time! I've heard so many good things about it and it is supposed to be perfect for paler skinned girls like us!

    I'd love it if you came to visit my blog sometime too! :-) xx

    The Miss Beauty Saver Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being my first follower! :)

      Definitely get it! It's so good and you don't need a lot of the product so it will last longer :)
      I am loving your blog! Didn't know how much Makeup Poundland / Poundworld does! so having a look next time i'm shopping! && now going onto your YouTube page! :)

      Hannah Marie xxx

      Delete