My September Favourites

/
0 Comments
Hello lovely's!

So today we venture into October, into the middle of the Autumn season and i am going to kick it off with my favourites over the past month. I am currently testing out some ideas for Halloween inspired tutorials so let me know if that's something you'd like to see. I am also creating stuff to do an Autumn/Winter decoration haul so be on the look out for that :) Hope you enjoy this post! 


St Ives naturally clear blemish fighting apricot face scrub, claims it effectively lifts away surface oils and dirt that can lead to blackheads and blemishes. This is hands down not only a favourite product for me this month but i will keep repurchasing this. I have fell in love with the way it has helped my blemishes. I have always been conscience to try new skin products before as my skin can be complex and i was worried i could break out with this. I have never had overly oily or overly dry skin so those elements that facial scrubs target are not the issue. What attracted me was that it says its for blemish prone skin and highlighted that it was oil free with salicylic acids and 100% natural exfoliants. The scrub has a lovely consistency, it isn't too abrasive and has basically become my miracle in a tube. My skin feels lovely and fresh after using this product, i highly recommend looking into this brand if your after a new face scrub. Retails at £4.29 in Boots.


No 7 Beautiful Skin Moisturiser for Normal/Dry skin, says it is enriched with rosehip oil to smooth dry areas and that three quarters of women noticed a more radiant complexion after just one week. I do love this product but for my skin i noticed after nearly three weeks how good it has been for my skin. I noticed it was a little more radiant but overall i love the hydrating quality. I brought this a while ago and only just started using it regularly, i love the fact it has SPF 15 and 5 Star UVA, especially with the nice weather the UK has been having. It is quite heavy in comparison to previous products I've used but the consistency isn't greasy and it blends really nicely into the skin.
This is from Boots and retails at £12.50.



Before i get into my makeup favourites for this month i just want to write about the amazing service i received from the No 7 Counter in Boots.
So if you haven't heard, No 7 has came out with a new way to determine your shade of foundation, It is called the Match Made Service.

In a nutshell the little handheld device (like pictured on the left) will be placed on your face and pictures of your skin will be taken, they do this on both sides or sometimes on your face and neck giving a reading of what shade you will be. That shade is spread across the No 7 foundations so you can chose liquid foundation, a CC cream...etc.
When i went to get mine done i found i was Calico (the palest shade no doubt, haha!) and the lady was so helpful with determining which foundation was going to give me the coverage i wanted. We had a bit of a make up talk as i love makeup but i am such a novice and she said that if i ever needed a hand i could always come and talk to her. So i did a few weeks later when looking for eyebrow products. I have had these products for a while but after taking a break with the nice UK weather they have soon enough became a favourite again.



No 7 Stay Perfect Liquid Foundation (In Calico), says it helps the skin to resist the signs of make-up meltdown and gives non-stop complexion perfection. Soft, silky and flattering in any light, it will not rub or fade away, keeping your makeup looking freshly applied and retouch free for 16 hours. I love this foundation. I am not usually a liquid foundation person, my routine use to involve either a mousse or a powder cover, that has all changed now. What i loved about this is that it's a medium cover, with a natural/matte finish that's build-able. It's also Hypo-allergenic with SPF 15, great bonus points the only thing for me that still hasn't been tested is the 16 hour stay. It has lasted me the day without needing a retouch but i'm not a top up make up person i like to take it off and start again if i am going out or will be out later. This foundation has a brilliant consistency, it isn't too runny or too thick and easily blends into the skin with a brush, sponge or your fingers. If you want to venture into liquid foundations i recommend going to your local No 7 Counter. This retails in Boots at £14.00.

No 7 Beautiful Brows Pencil (In Black/Brown), says it defines brows without smudging or flaking. This product is brilliant so it had to be one of my favourites this month. I have never been a shadow or powder person when it comes to filling in my brows. After deciding that i was going to stop dying my hair for a while (even though i get really tempted too) i needed to find a lighter shade for my brows. Through my teenage years i over plucked them and although they aren't as bad now i don't need to dramatically draw them on, just fill them in a bit. This pencil is very soft, not as waxy in texture like previous brands I've used, so i wouldn't suggest it for the heavy handed. For people that need a quick fill and for it to stay put and last i recommend this for you. It is currently retailing in Boots at £6.50.

Maybelline Superstay 10 Hour Stain Gloss (In Endless Ruby), says it glides on wet and smooth, never drags. Is vibrant and shiny wear, never flat and provides a lightweight layer or lasting colour. I don't agree with all the things this product claims to say, for me the vibrant factor doesn't last the full 10 hours, i would say more towards 6 but the stain is still there. The reason this is a favourite is the lightweight feel and the way it sits. I have tried so many stains that smudge under my lips and stain my skin, leaving me to go over with concealer on a brush. This stains the lips and just the lips. I love the shine this has as well it isn't too dramatic it looks naturally dewy and it's build-able which is uncommon for a stain. As it is so bright i want to gradually build it rather than swipe it on in one go and usually building a stain can make it dry and cracked but i have never had that issue with this one. This currently retails at £6.99 in Boots.


Maggie Rose - Preacher's Daughter


So one day in April i was just searching through YouTube and Maggie Rose came up as a suggestion. I clicked on her music video for I Ain't Your Mama and literally had that song in my head for months. When her album Cut To Impress was released it basically became the only thing i listened to for ages. This month in the UK The X Factor & The X Factor USA seasons started again and throughout the auditions i was hoping for a good Country singer. It wasn't until my friend asked what songs i want to hear them audition with, Preacher's Daughter popped in my head. Maggie Rose has amazing characteristics in her voice that makes you know its her and the vocal range this song reflects is perfect. The story in this song is sad and it really takes a twist to how you think it's going to turn out but it has become the song i keep singing and have in my head this month.

Katy Perry - Roar

With the album Prism set to come out in late October, the single Roar has created such a buzz for its release. In all honesty after listening to this song it did take time for it to stick in my head. Then it became another one of those songs i couldn't stop singing every time it came on the radio. The song changes pace quit easily with a stomp along beat over the verses's and really building up on the chorus which is something Katy has done with previous songs. I think this song has such a simplistic feel to it but the meaning is a lot more personal. With pop music not reflecting as the favourable genre in 2013 i feel that may change with the release of Prism and i am so looking forward to it :)


So that is all of my favourites over the past month! Would love to know what you have been loving so please comment below :) 

Hannah Marie x


You may also like

No comments: